Ok so ... the countdown begins. I realized today that I have exactly a month left of my twenties. I am slightly nostalgic about it, but also very excited about it at the same time. I am nostalgic about leaving a decade of my life behind. My twenties has brought MANY changes, rough spots, and high peaks. My twenties made me into what I am today, and it changed the way I will approach my 30's. I am leaving behind a series of bad choices and consequences and looking forward to a new start. The difference is going to be that I will not rely on my own understanding to make those choices anymore. I am going to trust God and lean on Him to guide me the rest of the way. I know it won't be easy the whole time. I know I will still go through valleys, and I know I will still make bad choices. The difference is that I will NOT take my eyes off of Him. I will not get stuck in the troubled waters and let myself drown. I will keep my eyes on Jesus and keep my faith and trust in Him. I know if I do that He will pull me above all of those rough waters and keep me close to him. Every once in awhile I will get a little wet, feel a little splash on my feet, but it won't last long. All I have to do is reach out to Him again and he will pull me up again. My hope is that there won't be so much of Him having to pull me OUT of the water. I pray that I will be able to stay above the water and actually begin WALKING toward him instead of staying where I am. I want to use this decade of my life to continue with the never ending process of giving up everything to Him. I know the more I do this, the more Joy I will get from Him. I can't imagine loving Him any more or appreciating His character any more than I already do right now, but I know it is possible.
So I feel like I should be doing something to go out of my 20's with a blast, but I'm not sure what it is. Actually, I do have an idea of what it is. More on that later ..... Dum, dum, dum ....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment