Monday, February 25, 2008

"I would die for You"

As I was singing along to a Mercy Me song, part of the lyrics said "I would die for You". As I sang that I felt very humbled because lately I have been having a hard time letting go of things that I know He doesn't want me to be involved in, that are causing me harm, but I can't seem to unclench my hold of. How in the world do I expect to give my physical LIFE to him if I can't even do that??

And then I had the thought that this line doesn't necessarily mean that I would literally give my life for Him, as in die. It most definitely could mean that I would die for him in a figurative sense, meaning I would let my selfish desires die and give, or let go, my life to Him. Doing that, I think, is just as hard as considering the concept of literally dying for Him. It is a struggle EVERY DAY, but it is a struggle that I will eventually get my reward for when he decides it is time to TAKE my life from me.

Thank goodness I know I don't have to try to measure up before I get to that point.

No comments: